Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Review Essence liquid ink matt eyeliner

Matte. A word that is very common in beautyworld for a long loooong time. I remember reading about matte nailpolish, and walking into the Sephora (while the Sephora was still in The Netherlands, R.I.P Sephora, you are missed) and asking for matte nailpolish. After that, the hype for matte things became more and more. Soon every brand brought out matte lipsticks, matte bronzers and matte eyeshadows, name a product and they have it in matte version.

Since the matte hype isn't over yet, Essence released a matte liquid eyeliner in the new assortment together with a high-shine eyeliner. I found it very interesting and decided to pick up the eyeliner and write a review about it. The following content contains my verdict on the Essence Liquid ink matt eyeliner.





So first let's check out the packaging. The eyeliner is a very small, hard tube with a screw cap. The colours are just simply black, and the letters are printed in purple. It's a very simple packaging and it would be easy to carry with you in your bag when you want to retouch your make up during the day.

This eyeliner claims to have a high precision brush applicator and to be waterproof. It also claims the same in German and French so. I'm going to test if that's really true!


The brush is very small. It is great to make thin lines with it, but when you press a little harder, the hairs on the brush separate a little to make a thicker line. I'm not a great lover of liquid liners and that's mainly because my inability to use brushes like this. I always use a gel liner and an angled brush, gives the same finish and I don't have to mess around which will always end in liquid liner everywhere. This brush is different. It applies very easy and, there you have the word, high precision!


As you can see, the left swatch is a very thin line, and the right one a thicker one. The finish is indeed matte. So far this eyeliner has made true everything the packaging says. But now the final question.. Is it as waterproof as it claims to be?


Yes it is! I put my hand under the running water, and tried to rub it off. At some of the edges, tiny little pieces of eyeliner dissapeared, but over all the eyeliner stays like a bunch of uninvited visitors, LONG! The eyeliner is not very hard to remove, I used oil eyecleansing wipes, let it soak for a few seconds and then gently rub it off.

I also included this eyeliner in my make up today




My final verdict about this eyeliner is very positive! The brush is very easy to use, the finish is beautiful matte and the formula is waterproof. This eyeliner is a worthy companion in my stash of eyeliners!

 The Essence liquid ink matt eyeliner costs 2,89 euros. So this eyeliner is cheap, and has a good quality! They sell the eyeliner in just any regular Essence shelf. 

1 comment:

  1. Ziet er goed uit! Mooie ooglook zeg! Ik ben benieuwd naar je volgende post!

    ReplyDelete