Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

My beauty pet peeves

'' A pet peeve, or pet hate is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to himself or herself, to a greater degree than others may find it. '' - Wikipedia.

As the title might give it away. I'm going to write down some of my pet peeves related to beauty. If you're an avid beauty lover like I am, you are probably going to recognize some of the things I am going to (mildly) rant about.

Join me in the world of people who can't distinguish testers and products which still have to be sold and eyeliners that got out of hand!


Annoying words 

If there is one word that makes me cringe in beauty land, it is the word 'lippy' instead of 'lipstick'. Luckily this word hasn't made it's way into The Netherlands yet, but I fear this will not take very long because colourpop brought out products named ''lippy sticks and lippy pencils''. Beautiful products but why this name?! Yes to be original but why the word lippy. Am I the only one in the world who's neckhair raises upon hearing that word?

People who can't distinguish testers and products which still have to be sold 

Last week I bought a Rimmel provocalips. Happy as a little child I applied it when I was at home, because I was about to go for ice cream and I thought it would be a good oppertunity to test the much discussed staypower of this lipstick. I opened the lipbalm side of the lipstick and guess what? The applicator was red and therefore already used. People please! There is a tester in front of the product with a sticker 'TESTER' on it. There is no need to open and use a lipstick that has to be purchased by another person. Even if you're at a store, and there is no tester which is not often, don't use a closed product. Don't be this dick who does that.

People who can't handle testers with care

You probably know this situation. You see a nice product, you want to try it, you reach out for the tester and BAM. Your hands are covered in the product you wanted to try because someone couldn't deal with the tester and made it all fucked up and nasty. Is it really such a problem to twist the lipstick back DOWN again when you put it back in the shelf? Also breaking the eyeshadow and squeezing the foundation into the lid isn't really the way to treat testers.

People who use their lipstick when it's twisted entirely out of the tube

People who twist their lipstick entirely up and then apply it to their lips. The best thing is when the lipstick breaks and they ask themselves why. Even better is when this happens when it's a tester. Then we get back to the preface paragraph. You don't have to twist the lipstick all the way, believe me, the lipstick will thank me.


Eyeliners that got out of hand

Someone who thinks eyeliner is just a quick quick job, is wrong. For many girls (and sometimes guys) this is an everyday struggle. Well how would a black line above your lashes be a struggle? Well this pretty much explains it:



I hope you liked reading what my beauty pet peeves are, and maybe you recognize some of them (or disagree, that's also okay) Let me know in the comments what your beauty pet peeves are. And don't forget #respectthetesters

Bye!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment