Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Darth Maul // Movie Characters

A while ago I posted a status on my facebook to my friends and family announcing that I wanted to do a series of (fantasy) movie characters. I asked for requests and ideas and a lot of people reacted with very nice ideas! I wrote that I will do my best to copy the exact look from the character, but I can't promise everything because I don't have a whole storage with movie props. I will share some quick pictures of these characters also here on my blog!

The first one I choose was Darth Maul. This is a character from Star Wars Episode I: The phantom menace. If you want to see my take on this badass movie character read further!




As a Star Wars fan, I couldn't resist picking this idea as the first one of the series!


I started with blocking out my eyebrows with a waterbased gluestick. After that I powdered them and went over with red/pinkish concealer. I started layering red cream paint on my face, leaving the sides less covered since I was going to cover them with black. After that I went in with a black cream paint and made all the details.


I tried to mimic the cape he wears. Also Darth Maul has little horns coming from the black patches on his forehead. I didn't have anything that could pass for small horns so I left those out. Also Maul has yellow/red eyes. I had yellow/red lenses called 'Sauron's eye' but one of them was so damaged and dried that I had to throw it away, so I only had one yellow/red lens left. Also I am not bald which Maul is and I don't have a kickass light saber. '



I didn't include my neck and ears in the painting party because I had a limited amount of time before needing to take a shower and go out of the house to go to an appointment, I left the ears and the neck for what they are.



Unfortunately when I took these pictures, the black wasn't very black anymore, because I had been trying some things with hoodies and capes but it all failed.

I hope you liked some quick shots of the look I tried to mimic. I think I will recreate this again if I have something that could function as horns, lenses and a cape. Let me know if you know any cool characters you'd like to see!

(I still prefer Episode 4, 5 and 6 over 1, 2 and 3)
Bye!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment