Pages

Monday 23 March 2015

MAC Lavender Jade // Review

One morning I woke up and checked my phone like I always do when I wake up. Only to find the make up whatsapp group I share with some girls in CHAOS. MAC released 3 limited editions at the same time; Cinderella, Toledo and Bao Bao Wan. In the battlefield of what everyone was going to order, I woke up a bit more and checked the MAC site. I was not allowed to buy anything since I gave myself a no-buy. Lavender Jade had my attention but was sold out pretty fast. What I felt the week after that was regret. Lots of regret.

But luckily this story has a happy ending, even if Lavender Jade wasn't from the Cinderella collection! MAC restocked last week and I grabbed my chance and ordered this lilac/lavender pearl!





The packaging of the lipstick is grey/brownish with tiny blue glitters. But it's more important what's inside! The bullet of the lipstick is beautiful. The blue glitters are more noticable and almost seem green in certain light. The middle part of the lipstick tube is bronze. It's definitely not one of their most fun limited edition packaging, but nevertheless it's a beautiful sophisticated one. The name of the limited edition and the MAC logo are written in a warm gold colour.



The colour of the lipstick is a colour you don't see often. It is a bright lilac/lavender colour. I think it's the perfect winter lipcolour, but it can also be beautiful in spring and summer with some warmer tones. 

A lot of people have compared the colour of this lipstick with another limited edition that has been brought out last year, Dodgy Girl from the Osbourne collection. I don't have Dodgy Girl so I can't do a comparison but from some pictures on the internet, Lavender Jade seems more purple than Dodgy Girl. 

The finish of the lipstick is Matte. MAC their matte lipsticks are very good and this lipstick is no exception. 



The upper picture is taken with Lavender Jade on it's own. Because it's a light colour it gives a bit of shadow on the bottom lip. It looks like I'm wearing not blended lipliner! Luckily this effect in real life is much less. The lower picture is Lavender jade with a dark purple lipliner. The lipliner I used is Kiko automatic precision lipliner in 512.

As I said before, the lasting quality of this lipstick is really good because it's a matte. I can drink without having half of the lipstick rub off on my glas. I don't think it will survive a meal with a lot of olive oil, that's more a job for the retro matte lipsticks. 

I am really happy with this lipstick and very glad I purchased it when a second chance was given! 

2 comments: