Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2015

My MAC stash!

MAC is a brand loved by many. Their lipsticks last a really long time, their eyeshadows have most of the time a really good colour payoff and they sell a wide range of foundations in different colours with a variable amount of coverage and not to forget, their limited editions make make up hearts beat faster. In the pro stores they sell a range of bright coloured products for extreme use like catwalks and make up art (or if you, like me, are eternally on the hunt for a green lipstick, satisfy your needs at a pro store)

I like to collect things from MAC. They have great quality and I feel like I can't go wrong with a few things from MAC in my kit. But not only I like MAC in my kit. There won't pass a day I am wearing make up without a product of MAC on my face.

Today I will show you my MAC stash!



Foundations


I own 3 Face and Body foundations. The smallest one is C1. I use this on my own face. The middle one is a C4. It's waaaaay to dark for me. It came in my basic kit for school, so my kit is where I keep it. The right one is a white foundation to mix with foundations that are too dark. This one is also in my kit.



This is a Studio Fix Powder foundation in NW20. I use it for days I just want to mattify my skin a bit and even out the colour slightly. 

Miniralize Skinfinishes


I own two Miniralize Skinfinishes. The left one is Fairly Precious. It's from a limited edition that launched 2 years ago called 'Magnetic Nude' (If  I'm not mistaken, if I am, blame the internet) and the right one is Lightscapade in new packaging. I love the wavey duo pattern on Fairly Precious and I am in love with the marble in Lightscapade. I do not keep these in my kit because I prefer to use cream highlighters on other people (to avoid that the face will look too 'powdery')

Blushes


My fist MAC product was a blush. The left one to be specific. This is Desert Rose. It has a matte finish and is my go to blush. The right one is a more recent purchase called Full of Joy. This light lilac blush has a frost finish and definitely fills my heart with joy. 

Paintpots 



After hearing tons and tons and tons about Soft Ochre paintpot and with an eye on my empty eyeprimer, I decided to pick up Soft Ochre (right). I regret nothing. Soft ochre is perfect as a base for colours. Soon, Stormy Pink(left) followed as I was searching for a matte colour to wear on the lid on a lazy make up day. 

The white jar above the paintpots is a different story. This is not a paintpot, this is a Chromaline in the colour Pure White from the pro range store (The one with the crazy colours) it has another texture and isn't as creamy and easy as the paintpots. It is more suitable to wear as an eyeliner (and this is exactly why I bought it) 

Pigment/Eyepencil


I only have 1 MAC eyepencil, Ebony, which I use in my kit. I love the texture of the pencil so I'm sure more will follow!

The pigment is a travelsize pigment in Old Gold. I keep it in my kit because I needed a good gold pigment. 

Lippencils


I never was a lippencil kinda girl until I learned the importance of a lippencil. I buy my lippencils to pair with my lipsticks. The pro longwear lippencil(under) is called Fashion Boost and I usually wear it under Flat out Fabulous. The Dark lippencil next to Fashion Boost is Nightmoth, which I pair with my darker lipsticks. The orange one is Lasting sensation, which I pair with Sushi Kiss. The last two pencils are Stone and Magenta. Stone is a brownish greyish (oh that description) colour and I pair it with Viva Glam Rihanna 2. Magenta forms a pair with Heroine. 

Lipsticks


Lipsticks from MAC are my absolute favourite! They have so many different finishes and colours, and depending on the finishes, they are extremely longlasting. 



From left to right:  Sin(Matte)- Cyber(Satin)- Dark Side(Amplified)- Viva Glam Rihanna 2(Frost)- Russian Red(Matte)- Heroine(Matte)- Odessey(Frost)

(Russian Red is this butchered because it is in my kit, I need to scrape some lipstick off with a spatula)

From left to right: Rebel(Satin)- Up the Amp(Amplified)- Flat out Fabulous(Retro Matte)- Twig(Satin)- Crosswires(Creamsheen)- Sushi Kiss(Satin)

Lipglass



I have never been really into lipglosses/glasses. My hair always get caught in my lips. Recently I bought this MAC dazzleglass lipglass in Date Night to change my mind. This thing is taking sticky to a whole other level. But look at that gloss. It is amazing On the other hand I would not wear this to a Date Night, the gloss is really sticky and if it gets to a smooch here or there.. I don't think your date would appreciate leaving with a sticky glossy face. 

Lipmixes


Like I mentioned at the start, I have been searching my butt off for a green lipstick. Lime Crime is very hard to ship, and with the recent stories that go around I'm glad I haven't bought Serpentina. Meltcosmetics is less hard but Blow is now sold out for quite a while. Last November I took a blue lipmix with me (named blue), unaware of the possibilities with this colour. Then I came across a youtuber who slightly mentioned that she makes all kinds of colours with these lipmixes. A few weeks ago I decided to pick up yellow as well and hello there gorgeous green! (Lipmixes are sold just like Chromaline in the pro store range)

These where all my MAC products, I hope you enjoyed and maybe you've seen a colour you like or something you would like to try. 

Bye! 
Sandra

6 comments:

  1. Mooie stash heb je! Moest wel even lachen om Russian Red, stiekem doet dat pijn in mijn hart haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Ja I know! Mij ook haha. Maar het is voor hygiƫnische redenen dat het zo moet dus dan maar zo haha.

      Delete
  2. Wauwww <3 Die chromaline in Pure White wil ik ook nu! Wil al best lang een witte eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik zou hem zeker aanschaffen! Hij werkt zeer stroef maar als hij er eenmaal opzit gaat ie nergens meer heen!

      Delete
  3. Nyx has a collection of crazy colored lipsticks. It's called Macaron. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but I wanted a dark green! Nevertheless the Macaron lippies are stunning!

      Delete