Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

FOTD - Sunset Sparkle

Winter is almost long forgotten, and spring has sprung. I am a real spring and summer lover, I simply can't stand the cold and depressing weather from winter (although snow can be pretty but just to watch!) With sunny weather I pull out sunny colours. One palette that has a lot of sunny colours is the Sunset palette from sleek. This was my first sleek palette and it is very well loved even though it is a very difficult palette to make looks with, because it has only one matte colour and that's a black.



If you want to see more of this look continue reading!

As I said, this palette only has one matte colour. The disadvantages of this, is that if you create a look with ONLY these colours, your eyelook will look very greasy. So I used some matte eyeshadows as bases and to smoke it out a bit more.



 Another thing with this palette is that the eyeshadows have no name. How am I supposed to tell you what colours I used when I can't give you names?? Well let's state from now on, that the top row from the sleek palette from left to right are 1-6. 1 being the matte black and 6 being the bright blue.
On the bottom from left to right are 7-12. 7 being the dark purple and 12 the soft pink.




I started with MAC soft ochre paint pot on my entire lid and after that applying a matte warmbrown called 'Allegro' from the balm jovi palette on the lid. After that I went over it with the colour 10 from the sunset palette. Then I took a kiko infinity eyeshadow in 207 (matte orange) and swept that through the crease. To deepen the crease I used another infinity eyeshadow in 208 (matte red) I went over this colour with 2 from the sunset palette. I used a matte yellow from kiko (258) in the inner corner, but instead of concentrating it just there I brought it up to my eyebrow. This is of course optional. In the inner corner and a bit above I used 5 from sunset. Blending 5 with 4 from sunset (the orange colour) I brought 4 also up to my brow.

 In the outer corner I used a bit of the matte black (1) to deepen the crease and I went over that colour with 7, also bringing that colour down into the lower lashline.




At the start of my eyebrows I applied a bit of 208. I finished off with a bit of mascara and a kiko eyepencil in the waterline.


For lipstick I used MAC lasting sensation lipliner and Sushi Kiss Satin lipstick. In the centre I dabbed a bit of 9&10 and I brought that up to the cupidsbow.

Products I used:
Face
Catrice All Matt plus foundation in 010 light beige
Maybelline Instant anti-age Eraser eye
Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 ivory
Cheeks
NYX blush in Taupe 
NYX blush in Pinched 
Rimmel Natural Bronzer  in 021 Sun Light 
Kiko Radiant Touch Creamy highlighter in 100 
Eyes
MAC paintpot in Soft Ochre 
Sunset palette colours 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 
Kiko Infinity eyeshadows in 258, 207, 208
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Kiko Glamorous Eyepencil in 403
Hema Eyebrow pencil in 09 
Anastasia Beverly hills dipbrow pomade in Medium Brown
Lips
MAC lasting sensation lippencil 
MAC Sushi Kiss satin lipstick 
9, 10 from the sunset palette 

Of course this is not how everyone would wear it (Read: bringing colours up into your brows and applying eyeshadow over a lipstick) But this is my take on it and I would love to see what you create with this palette!

Bye!
Sandra

1 comment: