Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Product in the spotlights: Urban Decay Electric Palette

Some products need to be set into the spotlights for a day. Or a blogpost.. Whatever. In these ''product in the spotlights'' posts I will talk a bit about a product from which I think is worth the spotlight.

Today, this product is the Urban Decay Electric Palette.







First of all the packaging is really gorgeous. On the cover there are colourful patterns which remind me a bit of fractal flowers, or blobs of ink in the water. The palette is made out of plastic and is really firm. It has a mirror in the lid and a brush which is quite good to use. Because the palette is this firm and has a big mirror, it would be really good for traveling.


This is a picture taken with flash on because I felt without a flash the colours were much more pale than in real life. The names are very Urban Decay like, and I really appreciate that the names are on the palette instead of on a film that you put over the palette (I usually end up throwing these things away)

The palette has 10 bright colours. You have a silver, two bright blues, a flashing orange, Hot pink, Purple pink, Dark purple, Neon Green and last but not least Acid Green/Yellow.


These are some swatches of Freak, Chaos, Savage, Fringe, Thrash and Urban. The swatches show how good the colour payoff is. The texture of the eyeshadows are different. For example Gonzo and Chaos have more fallout than Fringe and Freak. That's probably caused by the finish since Gonzo and Chaos are more matte and Fringe and Freak aren't.

You might want to use an eyeshadow primer when you use this palette, because some of the colours tend to stain a bit, but not too bad.

When I want to make a look with bright colours, this is often the palette I gravitate towards. It has great packaging, the colours are amazing and they have a really good colour payoff. I use it a lot and it is definitely one of my favourite palettes. This is why I put it in the spotlight!

Bye!
Sandra



No comments:

Post a Comment